A few months ago, I posted this which talks about how people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. This past month, I have really been able to identify with this and place the people in my life in each one of these categories.
A Reason: Noah
If it had not been for this person, I would never have had my son. Through our ups and down, I have always been able to look into the eyes of my son and find a reason to be happy. He has made me stronger then I have ever been or thought I could be. The daily stresses take their toll on me after a while, but at the end of the day, his sweet little voice and innocent look are the best thing in the world. So although one relationship has ended, another one is just beginning....the relationship and incredibly strong bond of a mother and her son.
A Season:
Sometimes friendships withstand the test of time and all the changes that occur as you move through life. And other times you grow apart before even realizing it. Now that I am a parent, little things don't make as much of an impact as they used to, but losing a Friend or growing apart still sucks. Sometimes I think 2 people need to just agree to disagree and move on with the friendship. Sometimes, this doesn't work for some people. So as slowly these people became a part of your life they disappear.
A Lifetime:
For the past 10+ years, there have been a few people that have been in my life on a continuous basis, and I know in another 10 years they will still be there. We don't talk everyday, or even every week, but when we do talk its like nothing has changed. We pick up right where we left off and get caught up pretty quickly. We have fought, argued, stopped being friends over stupid disagreements, only to see each other the next day and act like nothing ever happened. We are bitchy, moody and says things we don't mean, but we know that about each other and don't take it personal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment