Monday, May 11, 2009

Swim class take 3 and a Happy Momma's Day


I had an awesome weekend!  We had our third swim class and Noah is slowly getting the hang of the whole swim thing and going in the water.  My plan of psyching him up for it the night before has seemed to be working, but he loves to throw Mommy a curve ball now and then and wait till we are in the car on the way there, to tell me he doesn't want to go.  One thing I have learned you can always count on with a toddler...... their unpredictability.  One minute he will be super excited to go, then the next its a full out tantrum and battle....this definitely keeps me on my toes.  

A few highlights from swim class that Noah didn't do last time:
  • He actually put his face in the water and blew bubbles!  The teacher looked at me and gave me the thumbs up sign when he did this too!
  • He let me put him on one of the water mats while he sat there and played with the water squirties with another little girl.  He also decided to introduce me to this little girls dad.  "Hi, this is my mom" he goes.
  • We swam across the pool and he held on to the side  - only with one had but last time he wouldn't even let go of me.
  • I was able to throw him up in the air without him screaming "NOOOOO"
  • He didn't want to leave!  And he tells me he LOVES swimming.
  • He left his wetsuit shirt on this time.


A few more things we have to work on.
  • He will not yet jump in.
  • I can not let go of him of put him in any other position other then carry him on my hip.  Mommy is getting a work out too!
  • He LOVES to scream when he doesn't want me to do something.  But he also screams when he is excited too.

I am so very proud of him because this has been a big fear of his.  I also noticed when we sing, I try and get him as involved as possible, then he usually forgets we are wet and starts to enjoy it.

His dad picked him up later in the day and took him to the store to get me a Mothers Day gift.  When he dropped him off, Noah is standing there with a gift bag and a cute little smile on his face and goes "Happy Mother's Day Mommy"........My heart wanted to melt!!  Sunday morning we hung out at home and just relaxed, which is so nice to do sometimes because we are always rushing out the door for school/work or swim class.  My mother came up too which was nice.  In the evening we went out with my dad and Gina and ate some yummy Indian food.  Noah also had a gift waiting for me at their house which he was so excited for me to open...I think he thought it was a present for him, lol.  He got me lovely "Mom" necklace which I love and the chocolates from daddy will be long gone by the end of the day.

It was such a wonderful day, I couldn't have asked for anything better then spending it with the ones I love.


No comments: