Noah had an awesome time and was such a big boy on the plane. He kept telling everyone we had a crash landing when we got off! The pilot heard him say that, laughed and then said "I wouldn't go around telling people that." We got through the whole trip with minimal tantrums which was very surprising seeing as a few days I thought the poor kid was going to collapse (as you can see in the picture below) This was taken at the end of our trip to the Miami Seaquarium and he was hot, sweaty and had no nap. But he was awesome!
Noah and my dad:
My friend john who I haven't seen since high school, happens to work in the same town where we were staying. He joined us for breakfast and was our official tour guide to the Seaquarium.
A drive through liquor store! Genius! If only they had these in CT it would be so much easier (and less trashy looking) to grab a bottle of wine without having to cart the toddler in the store with me. And Gina and I even got a little serenade from the guy as we walked in.
Noah showing off his aquarium. He was so proud and kept telling me Nemo was inside.
Me and my little man at fountain at our Hotel.
Pretty flowers!
We drove to Naples for the day and through Alligator Alley (where we didn't see ANY alligators mind you) to meet up with my Uncle Joe. He meet us half way from where he lives and we enjoyed lunch and a walk on the Naples Pier. The Pier is not really a place for toddlers seeing as my kids head can fit through the railing and he could plummet to the waters below, so needless to say, our walk was more stressful then enjoying. Poor Noah probably thought we were all so mean because we wouldn't let him walk without holding someones hand.
Here he is wind blown on the pier.....
And after not letting him have any fun and making him hold our hands, he got a nice little reward:
Grandpa had to help him clean it up because this thing melted faster then he could eat it. Grandpa took one for the team though!! (although I am sure he didn't mind) Noah was AMAZING in the pool. We have been taking swim classes, and as you have read on here, he has not been the most enthusiastic about them. But seeing him in Florida you would have never EVER guessed this kid didn't like water. The pool was like a bath which helped too (for mommy and child). I walked him in the first and he was so willing to let me do anything to him, like move him around where he was not stuck to my leg. Then I asked him if he wanted to jump in and to my surprise I was not answered with a roaring "NOOO." He actually said yes and jumped. Then he jumped a million more times till it was time to go back inside and have dinner....I think we were there for an hour! My kid NEVER jumped in class and he even saw the other kids do it, but he loved everything about it on vacation. I was so proud of him. I was even able to hold him away from my body and have kick and scoop without freaking out. I was so very very proud oh him.
Also, he let us put him in the tube!!! (Another thing he would freak out about just a month ago) I cant believe how big he is getting!
Here he is with grandma and grandpa in the pool....
Here we are on the balcony of our place on our last night in Florida. Cheesin it up at the restaurant!
As we were flying out of the airport, Noah was screaming "Bye bye Florida!!!""" So cute!
Thank god Grandma packed the portable DVD player. This poor kid was up at 6am, went to bed the night before at 11pm and was such a good boy....minus me almost threatening to leave him in the airport for throwing the biggest tantrum ever. So after our transfer in GA, this was how he spent the rest of our flight....Binkied, blankied and in front of Caillou.....
And as we were descending into NY, he finally fell fast asleep.
And continued to sleep as grandpa held him and me and Gina got the bags....which were like a million times heavier then when we got there. I actually got to look at the scale when they weighed mine and it was a whopping 75lbs!
Some cute highlights from the trip:
-Noah thought the hotel was called Florida and when we were out and he wanted to go back because he was tired he would say "I wanna go back to Florida"
-We went to South Beach for dinner and told Noah we were in Miami.
Me: Noah, we are in Miami, say "Miami:
Noah: Its not Miami, its Your-Ami
Trying to convince him to take a bath in the Jacuzzi tub was quite challenging but once we were in it, he loved dumping water on himself....and me!
No comments:
Post a Comment