Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Its been a while...


I know I haven't posted in a while so I figured it was time for an update.  

Two weeks ago Noah had his graduation ceremony from the toddler room to preschool.  It was the cutest thing and he sat so nicely with all of his little friends that were making the transition together.  Although he is officially in preschool now, not much has changed.  He stays at the day-care center he has been at since he was 15 months for the next 2 years.  He knows all the teachers and students in the big kid room and still goes for the entire day.  They will work on his numbers and letters, get him to start writing his name and become fully independent.  It just baffles my mind that my little boy is growing up so fast.  He already knows how to put on and take off his underwear and pants and is fully potty trained!!  The last accident we had was Friday at the mall and it was only because he was too focused on playing that he just crapped his pants.  Other then that, he always goes on the potty and even stops what he is doing to tell me he has to go.  

After graduation, school was closed for a week and due to scheduling conflicts at work, I wasn't able to take the time off to be home with him.  Luckily my stepmom was and she was able to watch him during the day while I was at work.  He even slept over 3 nights in a row!  I have never been away from him for that long and it felt very strange.  I def did miss him when I finally got him back.  I'm not so sure he was happy though seeing as vacation at grandma and grandpas was over.  It was now back to reality and not getting his way all the time or mac and cheese for dinner every night.  My parents love him to death and will do anything for that kid.  If Noah wants milk and there is 10 feet of snow outside, my dad will dig his way out to get it for him.  Mommy on the other hand will say "tough, have some water instead."  He knows this and uses it to his advantage, but that's what grandparents are for, to spoil him and I'm OK with that.  Although I missed my little booger, I got in some me time and was able to do some exercise, more then just my normal night and it actually felt really good.

Boot camp is going well and I am not nearly as sore as I was in the beginning.  Next week is going to be hell I am sure since I didn't go this week thanks to tonsillitis!  My mouth had been killing me since Friday and I thought nothing of it, then I felt a lump in my neck and started to worry, so I called my doctor.  She said it could be an abscess and might have to be lanced and that I should see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor!  I'm thinking "Oh my god!  They are going to cut my throat and drain this thing and I had no forewarning!  I'm nervous as hell." I get to the doctors office, he makes me count to 10, I get to 3 and he tells me I don't have an abscess but I do have tonsillitis.  He called in my prescription and sent me on my way.  Thankfully my throat is feeling better and they don't have to be removed, but I did go home and self medicate myself with a tub of ice cream!


As for everything else I am loving this cooler weather.....Fall here we come!  I am have already started looking into some fun fall classes to enrol Noah in and cant wait to get in some apple and pumpkin picking!!

No comments: