Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Mommy blues
Last week it really hit me that my little boy is growing up and becoming so independent. I think the realization came when I was watching him sprawled out on the couch in his jeans, Yankee jersey and sneakers and thinking he looked like a mini teenager. Then he moved and his shirt rode up. Instead of seeing a little diaper pop out of the top of his pants, I saw underwear. And I started to cry.
He is no longer my little baby anymore.
He doesn't use a binkie, he wears underwear, he dresses himself, he is fully potty trained and he even calls me "Mom." Oh my god! It seriously feels like overnight this all happened. And while I am so excited for him to get older and experience so many new things, there is part of me that is so sad that he isn't my little baby anymore.
I do have to admit though, having a 3 year old is so much more fun then I would have ever thought. We go to the park and play t-ball, and while he is reluctant to let he help him, eventually he does. He rides his bike all by himself and even turns and knows when to stop. And his vocabulary....dont even get me started on that! Before kids, I never knew you could have a full out conversation with a toddler but you can.....and its great! We watch movies on the couch together and snuggle while watching the news. Yes, Noah watches the news, even though we both know its his stall tactic in not going to bed, but who cares. A few more minutes to snuggle is fine with me.
So although this is a great time and he is seeing and experiencing things in a whole new way, it is still bittersweet for me. I miss my baby, but I am having so much fun seeing things through Noah's eyes and being able to teach him and watch him grow everyday.
Mommy loves you buddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok...I read that and I almost started to cry. Awww your little man is gettin' all growed up!
Post a Comment