Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Toddler Tantrums and a New house

Last night was definitely an interesting one. Noah is usually very good about listening to me when I tell him not to do something, I mean, yeah he throws his fits over little things but he listens pretty good. However, last night that was not the case. We bought him these magnetic letters for the fridge and he kept putting them in his mouth after I would tell him no. By the third time telling him no, I realized what I had to do or I would be stuck playing this game with him for hours. So to the naughty bench it was!

Mike and I watch a lot of Supernanny and always say "that's how we want to discipline our son" (using timeouts rather then hitting that is) But now I had to actually DO it. I was little nervous that this could turn into a battle of wills for god knows how long, but it actually wasn't as bad as I anticipated. The first time I placed him on his bench, he threw himself on the floor and cried, but by the 10th time of doing this, I think he knew I meant business. So he sat there and sulked but didn't move from the chair. Then I had him say sorry and give me a hug and it was all over. As much as it hurt to have to discipline him, it was worth it to have him say he was sorry and give me a hug and kiss. He is a very good boy but he also needs to respect me when I tell him no. I think we are on the right tract.

Mike and I have also been doing some thinking about moving. And if you know me well, you know I move a lot. A friend of mine said I should be in the circus with all the times we move. Let me put it to you this way, I have lived in CT for 4 years and had 4 different apartments. Its not that we enjoy moving, we just move too quickly and then don't like where we are. Now that we have a little boy, I really want to bunker down in one place that we can call home for at least a few years. Mind you, where we live now is more of a pain in the ass when it comes to our landlord and neighbor downstairs. From the neighbor being loud and yelling obscenities when I tell them to be quiet because we have a toddler right above their living room, to our landlord taking his sweet ass time to get anything done, we are just tired of it. I mean I have to stay on this mans ass to put our dishwasher in when it sat in is garage for weeks.

But anyway, we want something bigger and with less aggravation so we are going to look at Avalon Valley today. It is an apartment complex and although we wont have a yard right outside our door, they have a washer and dryer in each unit (no more laundromat) , a gym, basketball court, game room, adult heated pool, toddler pool, playground, club house, and more. The rent is a little on the high side but I think it is worth it for all the amenities. But that got me to thinking...if we are going to be spending so much to rent, why not buy? It is def a buyers market right now with prices dropping everyday.

So we are either going to rent a nice place or try and buy. And I want for this to be our last move for a LONG TIME!

No comments: