Friday, November 21, 2008

My exciting plans for TODDLER FREE evening include......


a trip to the GROCERY STORE!!  Waahooooo!

I am seriously VERY excited about this too!  Mike is in Maine till tomorrow and my parents are watching Noah.  What is a girl to do with the house to herself you ask?  

SHOP!  

And not for some cute outfits or neat new electronics my friends, but for food.  

Ah, I cant wait to browse the isles of the supermarket without a 2 year old whining in my ear for everything under the sun.  No tantrums to avoid or dirty looks from fellow shoppers as my kid throws himself on the floor or tries to manhandle all the fresh baked bread.  I will actually be able to comparison shop and try to find the best deal on chop meat, stick to my list and calculate how much I have spent so I don't go over my budget without incurring sugar withdrawal, checkout line screaming.

I read this article the other day about why people with kids have NO time.  It said "its needing 45 mins to do what takes others 15" and it is soooo true. Tonight, all though it will probably take me longer then 15 mins...it will be stress free.

I might even treat myself to a glass of wine when I get home!

No comments: