Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Impe...what?

Impetagio.....yup, that's what Noah has. He had some pimple looking things on his face last week and I just figured they were, well, pimples. I was out eating with the folks and noticed Noah putting all sorts of dirty stuff in his mouth, like cars that fell on the dirty, nasty fast food restaurant floor...Gag me! I said he better stop doing that or he is going to have some nasty mouth rash and what do you know? He DOES!

Mike brought him to the doctor Monday and that's what he was diagnosed with. So yes my friends, I have a little dirt licker on my hands. I don't think it bothers him but it looks disgusting. The doctor gave us oral antibiotics and we have to put cream on his face before bed. It seems to be getting better but he was banned from school for 2 days because he was contagious.

Um....he went Friday and had the same thing. The didn't tell us to take him home? I hope there isn't an outbreak at daycare thanks to him and his unaware mother.

So Monday both Noah and I were extending our weekend. Him, because of his rash and me, because of my back. I was in so much pain Sunday that I went to the ER in hopes of a diagnosis or help. But what did they do? No X-ray. No MRI. Just loaded me up with pain killers and sent me on my way. Gee thanks doc! I have had back issues for a while now, maybe a year. I go see a chiropractor weekly but it doesn't really seem to be eliminating the problem, just dulling it for a while. I went to see him Friday and as he went to crack my back, he left tears in my eyes. Sunday I woke up and felt even worse so it was off to the ER for me. I went to an orthopedic Monday and they said my spine looks fine, maybe a pinched nerve? No one knows anything. They gave me prednisone and scheduled me for an MRI tonight. Hopefully they can tell me something because the painkillers don't work, the prednisone isn't doing anything and I am still in pain. Factor all this in with a 2.5 year old who weighs 30lbs and wants to be carried makes for a very cranky, sore Mommy.

No comments: