Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Milestones and other breaking news
Today marks the 11th day that Noah has went without a binkie!!! Although he still asks for it almost every night, especially if he is overtired, once I tell him its broke and he takes a look at it just to make sure, he is fine and goes to bed. However, we have started with a new set of problems latelty....Monsters!!
He would complain about monsters when he stayed over my parents house and I attributed it to being because that is not his primary place to sleep....Maybe he was just scared. As far as I know, the monster talk has diminished when he stays over there, or at least they haven't told me about it. Lately I have noticed since we did away with the binkie, on about 3 occasions, he has went to bed with no problem, but then about 5 minutes later, he gets up yelling that there is a monster on the wall and he doesn't want to go to bed. The first time I gave in to him and let him watch TV with me, it was a Friday night and I usually let him stay up later on Fridays anyway. The next 2 times I convinced him to go back to bed and even told him he could bring a special toy to bed with him....not like he doesn't have enough in his bed. Seriously there is Froggy, Cocoa the Dog, Bunny, Lamby, Caillou, 3 blankies and 2 teddy bears.....Not Joking people! AND he sleeps in a toddler bed, so there is practically no room for him anymore. But he is happy, so who cares right?
My plan worked and he brought his Fed Ex truck to bed with him but then put it back. He woke up at 11pm crying last night and I sat there, like a new mom waiting to get out of bed. Is this it? Will he go back to bed? Should I close my eyes and try and go to sleep or go check on him? Luckily for me I was just going to bed at that time too so I wasn't half asleep. The crying stopped after a couple minutes and soon we were both fast asleep.
I wonder if this is going to be an on going thing now since the binkie is gone. My cousin told me to rent Monsters Inc because it will show Noah that lots of kids are afraid of the "monsters" in their closets so he doesn't feel alone. It also shows the monsters perspective too, which is that they are just doing their job and are more afraid of kids even touching them. Then she suggested Noah have something to protect him from the "monsters." I think this is a great idea.
On the to-do list this weekend: Rent Monsters Inc.
In other news, last night was the FIRST time Noah used the potty!!! I was so proud of him! Apparently he did it a few times at daycare last week but they never told me seeing he was out on Friday. I of course can not take credit for this seeing as I have been a slacker in the potty training department. I was kinda hoping he would just pick it up at daycare and start doing it. I know you parents out there are probably rolling your eyes or making smart comments under your breath, but seriously, it is ALOT of work. So anyway, we went shopping after work and when we got home, I asked Noah if he wanted to sit on the potty. I put it in his room so it was in a comfortable setting for him, unbuttoned his pants and he pulled them down.....just like a bog boy! Then he sat on the potty with this serious look on his face and goes "I don't have to go potty" I reminded him that after he goes, he gets a sticker for his chart and it worked like a charm. He gets all excited and tells me went pee pee in the potty, and I of course made the biggest deal of it so he would feel special.
After that I realized why parents have the kind of potty seats that fit in the toilet. I had to empty the pee and clean it out, plus some got on the floor so it was a huge pain in the ass. After that I took out the insert and had Noah sit on the toilet which was much easier. I took him to the bathroom 2 more times before bed and nothing, but he also had a dry diaper before bedtime too. He made up for it last night though because when I took his diaper off this morning, it weighed more then he did. And I missed my window of opportunity this morning because he had to go and didn't tell me......so he peed on the floor. But he is doing it at school AND for me at home so we are well on our way to being ready for the preschool room in September.
It is just amazing that in not even 2 weeks he is all done with the binky and has started showing serious interest in the potty. My little boy is not so little anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment