Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Mommy's tired
We had a very very successful morning with using the potty....Noah that is, not me. As soon as he woke up I asked him if he had to use the potty and took him into the bathroom. I noticed his pull-up was dry which was a great sign seeing as he didn't pee all night. He sat down and goes "Mommy, I'm doing pee pee." I was so proud of him! I guess its time for me to go buy him big boy underwear!!
Although we had a successful morning, last night was very difficult. Noah has been complaining of tooth pain lately and last night it was particularly bad. He wouldn't eat any of his dinner and just kept saying over and over again that his tooth hurt and to take it out. I finally gave him some Motrin but it took a while to kick in. I offered him applesauce thinking it was soft enough to eat and told him if he ate it all, he could have some pudding. He took one bite and cried and then didn't want anything else. I knew it must have been bad for him to turn down chocolate pudding. I felt horrible because he kept saying he was hungry and when he would try and eat, I would see the pain in his face.
At about 8pm it was time for bed and Noah was not having it. He wanted food so I was figuring the Motrin was kicking in and I gave him goldfish, pudding and a cheese stick, all of which he ate. Not a real healthy dinner but I didn't care, as long as got some food in his belly I was happy with that. After he was done eating it was about 8:45 and time for bed. I tucked him in, told him there were no monsters and shut the light. Five minutes later he was crying he didn't want to go to bed and there were monsters on his wall. Again I went in, assured him there were no monsters and had him pick out a "special" toy to bring to bed. He got up 2 more times and we went though the same process. The fourth time he asked me to lay with him so I did. I figured it wouldn't be that long before he feel asleep. Wrong! I was in there for an hour laying in his bed. His bed by the way, is a racecar toddler bed and not meant to have a grown adult sleep in, so needless to say I have a stiff neck today. After about an hour I started to fall asleep and so did my arm so it was time for me to go to my own bed. I got up and Noah freaked out because he was still awake and didn't want me to leave. At that point I had to get stern with him because I was tired and cranky. I told him to get into bed, the monsters were gone and goodnight. Then I shut the door and crawled quietly into my bed, hoping and praying he would fall asleep. I put on the monitor and didn't hear a peep out of him for the rest of the night.
Tonight I would like to watch a movie but who knows if we will have a repeat of last night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its smooth sailing.
On a side note, as I was channel surfing trying to find something for both of us to watch, I ended up with Night at the Museum which I have never seen before. NOT a good idea for a kid to watch before they go to bed when they are complaining of monsters by the way. I put it on after it had been on for a half hour and there is this huge dinosaur skeleton roaring at Ben Stiller. Noah goes "the dinosaur is going to eat the man" Oh great! Now the poor kid is going to have nightmares of dinosaurs too!
We ended up watching America's Got Talent which I hope was far less traumatizing for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment