Thursday, August 14, 2008

A cap, diploma and broken flower

Today was Noah;s graduation at daycare. It was for his transition from the infant room to the toddler room back in December.....I guess they were a little behind. I get to his school this morning and see all the diplomas and asked if they had graduation or something. "yeah are you coming" they asked. I was baffled by this, because although one of his teachers mentioned it to me a few weeks ago, that was the last I heard about it. They said slips were mailed out but we never got one. I was quite pissed. Luckily I work 10 mins away and my boss is awesome, so she didn't have a problem with me leaving to go view it. I come to find out later when I spoke with the director that she didn't send done out to us. She is new and wasn't aware of all the kids that transitioned I guess. Definitely not acceptable but at least I made it to see my little guy graduate.


It was the cutest thing in the world. They made him a cap to wear and gave him a diploma and flower (which he ripped the head off) Today I decided to put him in pants seeing as it was a little chilly this morning. So he had on khakis and a cute 3 button polo. I thought about having him wear his loafers but opted for the sneakers instead. He looked sooo Connecticut!......very preppy but with a flair because of the sneakers! Mike and I are definitely not the preppy kind, more like grunge meets business casual but our son always looks so put together. Hopefully no one thinks we stole him...ha!

Here are some shots from graduation:

The graduate:


Noah and Laurenze


Noah and his favorite teacher Ms Betty
All the toddlers waiting so paitiently with the big kids behind them
Noah is getting his diploma and flower
How sweet!Friends
Doing what he does best! Getting a snakc with his uddy Jo-jo

No comments: