Friday, August 29, 2008

Shenanigans

I watched J&K Monday night an was so disgusted by what I saw. First off, I used to really like the show. It settled some inadequate feelings I had as a new mom and their silly sarcasm even seemed alittle like Mike and I. After coming across some blogs relating to them, my ideas have shifted dramatically. Now I watch to remind myself that family is truly the most important thing in life and to treat my partner with the respect he deserves as a man and a father. And mostly, to remind myself that I only get one chance to fully enjoy my son's childhood.

J&K is like a trainwreck you cant look away from. This episode was about their 4th of July celebrations and started with the girls getting their hair braided. If anyone of you have ever had that done, you will know it can be quite painful. I am an adult and it hurts like a b*tch, so could you imagine the fine hair and sensitive scalps of three 3 year olds? Most of them were crying and looked like they were in agony. Kate commented that she wanted to get this done so their hair would be out of their faces. "They have such beautiful faces I want to be able to see them" she said. Not because, uh, I don't know? They wanted to get it done? But because it would make her life easier. Now I get it, having to do 5 girls hair can get tiresome, but to clearly see they are in pain and to make them sit through it anyway seems a little satanic to me. Isn't stuff like that supposed to be fun?

Then they decided to make a festive cake with strawberries and blueberries. Originally she said she wanted to do it with all the kids, but then just decided to do it with whichever kids came into the kitchen...which happened to be the little girls. The were eating the fruit and she yelled at them to stop. I can truly understand her frustration. I mean, I have one kid which sometimes makes me want to scream and fly off the handle, so I couldn't imagine wrangling 8. But I wonder if she realizes what a b*tch she comes across as? She looks like a really mean person who is more concerned with the cake looking perfect then her kids enjoying the process of making it. Then Joel ( I think) came in and one of the little girls asked if he could help. Kate looked at him and said "No, he's not allowed" The look on his face was so sad, I wanted to cry for him. She is just so short with them and it angers me. Then Joel goes downstairs and asks Jon if he needs help. Jon snaps back at him "No buddy, I don't need help" And again, poor Joel is refused by another parent. Even if you didn't need help Jon, he could watch you or spend some quality time with you. It seems like the only one who has time for some QUALITY time with the kids is Jenny the nanny.

I understand J&K are under the public eye and EVERYTHING they do or say is judged, but I tell you this....If I was on TV coming off as a total B*TCH to my kids, I would sit back and take a look at myself and CHANGE! Like I said, it seems like she is more concerned with have the "perfect" family that the fun and excitement of being a kid gets lost.

I do like how they make it a point to celebrate each holiday and it has even given me ideas on things to do with Noah. But I read it somewhere, a lady posted that with all the hustle and bustle of them making the "holidays"special for the kids, there are no relatives around and festive paper plates and balloons don't make the holiday.

And the way she talks to her husband is just ridiculous. Jon needs to grow a set of balls and light off the damn fireworks already!

She just seems like such a witch which makes me wonder....is TLC trying to bring out the nasty side of Kate to get more viewers? As much as I cant stand her, I still watch waiting for that next "I cant believe she said that" moment.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Here Here....and I watch for the very same reasons!
They are ALWAYS so mean to poor Joel! HOw bout the time they banished him to the laundry room to sleep because he was puking, or the "Gum Gate" of his bear getting gum on it and Kate saying she is just going to throw it out! YIKES....poor kid will be in therapy in no ltime--along with the rest of them when the cameras are no longer in their face and nobody cares if they are peeing in the potty!