Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I will take a side of nuts and berries please


After 4 1/2 years of living in CT, I think I am slowing turning into a native nutmeger. What does that mean you ask?  Well take for example chicken salad...I like it straight up....chicken, mayo and celery.  I am not a big fan of nuts and berries like most native yuppies in these parts.  However I discovered the best creation the other day while on our taste testing trip to Costco.  Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad.  Now it either sounds delicious or disgusting when you hear it and I have to admit, when I heard what was in it, I wasn't too thrilled, but hey...it was free!  So I gave it a try and it was DELICIOUS!  The $9.95 price tag wasn't as appealing to me so I said I would get it on my next trip.  Well all week Mike and I were craving it, so I decided to give it a try and make it myself.   When I found out after I bought all the ingredients, I could have bought the Costoc version and saved myself the time I was pissed, but now I know how to make it and I think it came out BETTER then Costcos version.  I used a can of chicken and while it wasn't bad, it was like tuna (meaning it wasn't chunky like chicken normally is but rather stringy...but it tasted like chicken so that is the important part right?)

Here is the recipe:
2 cans chicken (or 4 boneless breasts, cooked and cubed)
1/4 cups craisins
1/4 cup crushed pecans
1/4 cups chopped celery
Mayo to taste

Enjoy!

No comments: