Monday, June 23, 2008
Weekend update
While this weekend was great, there were so many instances where I said to myself "I wish I had my camera so I can preserve the moment in time" My friend and fellow mom, along with Mike and I took our little ones to a local farm for some barnyard fun. Our sons are about 3 weeks apart and have had quite a few playdates with each other in these almost 2 years ( I still cant believe they are going to be 2. It seems like just yesterday we were going out for pizza and then to Lamaze class, eating our brownie sundaes with no idea what the future would hold for us once we became mommies.....And now they are walking and talking and becoming their own little persons) So we went to the farm and Noah was a bit of a whiner to begin with, constantly wanting to be carried. We refused for the most part and eventually he sucked it up and walked. Any other time when I take him out, he wants to run and play and not hold my hand, now that he has the whole farm to explore where he can run, he wants to be carreid......go figure! He has a fascination with cows lately so we took him over to see them, but these cows were not like the babies at Stews....they were huge and loud and Noah did NOT like them. He held on to Mikes leg like a scared puppy dog...so that was the end of the cows. We ended our day with a picnic and a nap on the way home.
The following day we headed over to the same friends house for a playdate that also included 2 other moms I have not seen in a while. It is always great getting together with women I feel like I have more in common with then just giving birth and changing poopy diapers. We all seem to have similar personalities and our kids are similar as well. 2 are wild child's and 2 are calm and a little stand-offish....Noah being in the second group. He kind of does his own thing and can play by himself for what seems like hours. He used to be a cling monster, but now he goes in his room, pulls out his cars and play quietly.....Its a nice break sometimes so I have a chance to get some cleaning done. We are going to try and make the weekend playdates a more regular thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment