Monday, June 16, 2008

What a surprise!


This past weekend was Fathers Day and Mike's 30th (both on the same day) and it was great.  I had planned a surprise party for him that has been top secret, so I dint get to express my stresses and anxiety over something going wrong on here....in case he was reading.  But everything went off without a problem...well except for the fact that Mike and my dad had to run out and get propane for the BBQ.  We started off the day at 6am with Noah ready to go....mommy and daddy had other ideas but that didn't seem to work.  We cranked up the fan and turned off the monitor so we could get another 30 mins of sleep, but when the power went out at 6:30 we had no choice to get up because we could hear Noah's pitiful whines loud and clear.  MOmmmmmmy.....daddddddddy!  I called the electric company and after waiting on hold for 20 mins they told us the power would be definitely be back on by 12.  So we all got showered and dressed and head out to the dinner for breakfast.  Apparently when the power goes out there is no hot water either....I had no idea.  So we all had nice refreshing COLD showers.  After breakfast we headed to Stews to see all the animals but Noah was specifically excited about the cow. He LOVES cows and when we sing "Old McDonald", there are 10 cows on his farm.  We got to see the cows, who were laying down, some ducks, a goat that was on the roof of the barn and an escape artist rooster that Noah was trying to coral with the grounds keeper.  We figured we had some time to kill before 12 and decided to head to New Milford for Starbucks (because Mike wanted to go to the drive-thru) and then we took a nice drive through Bridgewater and headed home.  Luckily the power was back on and it wasn't even 12 yet..woohoo!

My parents came over to watch Noah and I took Mike to get a massage.  This worked out perfectly too because they were able to set up for his party.  So after the massage I told him we were going somewhere special. I had him blindfolded while I drove around Danbury in hopes to confuse him so he wouldn't realize we were going back to the house.  It semi-worked because as we were driving he blurted out " I bet we are going back home"  So we got back home and everyone yelled surprise as he took off his blindfold.

It was a wonderful day with wonderful people.  We feasted on a great fruit spread, chips and dip, wings, burgers, hot-dogs, mac and tuna salad, corn and of course some well deserved cake....one for the Dads (Mike and my dad) and one for the birthday boy.  Along with a summer punch and some cold beers.  Noah seemed to enjoy the beers too...getting them for people and spilling them on the floor that is..... (Don't worry, we didn't let him consume any.....he has to wait till he is at least 5 for that!)  He also enjoyed throwing the ice from cooler on to the ground or putting them in his mouth and spitting them in the grass...he is such a gross little boy!  I don't want to even think about how many dirty ice cubes made it from the floor to his mouth while I wasn't watching...the less I know the better.  The he ended his night with his fingers in daddies cake, but made sure everyone got a taste.

Seeing as my camera is broken I had to relay on my paparazzi friend (kimmy) and parents for pictures so hopefully they will be up shortly.

No comments: