Monday, June 9, 2008
A little R&R without the terrible 2's
SO we pretty much had a whole weekend just Mike and I. My parents took Noah Saturday morning at 10 and brought him back Sunday at 3:30. Although I love my son to death, it was so nice to have some alone time. I forgot what it was like to be able to do whatever I want, and go where ever I want without being controlled by nap times and a cranky kid. Mike and I ended up running around Saturday and didn't get to do too much of sitting in our asses and relaxing, but just shopping without the extra appendage was nice, and seeing as it was a million and one degrees Saturday, Noah would have been super cranky. So, we went to TMobile to upgrade our plans and get new phones, then I went to get a haircut and Mike went home to put in our new air conditioner. The last place we lived in had them in the walls so we had gotten rid of our old one, so this year it was time for a nice new 10,000 BTU...and we got a great deal too! Then it was off to Costco for some groceries and free samples. They have the best stuff there and by the time we left we were stuffed...I mean so what if we walked around 5 times! After that we went home. I decided to pull out some old pics from back in the day. It was nice to take a trip down memory lane and I was shocked to see that I actually looked anorexic in some of my pictures..Funny because I never felt that way back then. Now I would kill to be a size 6 again.
After finally relaxing, we got ready for dinner and went to my favorite place, The Sesame Seed. The food was outrageous! I got spinach ravioli stuffed with peas, carrots and something else, in a sweet potato sauce, and Mike got salmon with carrots, green beans and brown rice in a lemon butter sauce. We left feeling very stuffed and very satisfied.
Sunday we got to sleep in for a change, well till about 8:30 for me. And aside from the horrible sinus infection that i think I have, it was pretty enjoyable. We got up, showered and were out of the house by 10 to get breakfast. Then we had some more errands to do and went home. It was a blazing 1million degrees out so we didn't want to run around too much. Its so funny, because I have longed for summer and nicer weather so we could get out of the house, but now its too hot outside and we need to stay inside in the AC! ......go figure!
Like I said, it was sooooo nice to have some alone adult time, but I wouldn't trade seeing my smiling little boy for anyhitgn in the world. Nosh came home around 3:30 and we ended our weekend with some music and dancing, building towers with legos and then knocking them over, dinner in front of the boob tube because it was too hot to eat in the dinning room, Noah hand feeding me grapes, and some snugly time on Mommy and daddy's bed.....it just doest get better then that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment