Thursday, August 7, 2008
Porn on PBS?
Noah has went from being obsessed with Caillou to being obsessed with Barney now. I cant tell which one is worse; the annoying little bald kid who consistently whines and gets his way or the big gay purple dinosaur? Caillou has no educational message whatsoever, and even if there is a bit in there, Noah is far too young to understand it. Barney is more educational I guess, plus they sing and dance which Noah loves, but a person can only take so much. "Watch Barney, watch Caillou" over and over and over and over......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
And when did PBS start incorporating sexual innuendoes into children's television? Last night we watch one episode where BJ (who is Baby Bops brother) was singing the lubedy lube song...I mean COME ON! BJ's and lube go hand in hand people and its not because I have a dirty mind, but it does! Don't get me wrong,I am definitely not a prude, and I know my son has no idea what they are really saying, but don't you think this should have raised an eyebrow with the producers....at least one of them? Then BJ becomes Captain Pickle and dances around with a giant pickle on his cape. Does anyone else think this weird? What kid really likes pickles? Why not choose a something else that does not represent a phallic symbol along with the name BJ? Maybe I am digging too deep into this and it was merely aimed for children's entertainment, but there is a part of me that thinks there are some real sickos out there, and this is their way of expressing it...through innocent children's programming.
Barney and Caillou will be censored my Mike and I from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Boy, I think you've gone off the deep end now. Barney has been labelled by numerous universities studies as the "perfect" program for young children. It's not meant to entertain you, and CERTAINLY does not have any (subtle or not) sexual innuendo.
Oh, and if you need lube with your BJ's, you're not doing it right, lol.
Post a Comment