Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Bye-Bye Antibiotics, Hello Monistat
So first off, I am not talking about myself here. Noah has a rash all over his genital area that is NOT diaper rash. I called the doctor, told them what it looked like and they informed that it was a yeast infection. That is crazy! I had no idea a kid could develop that, but they told me it was due to the antibiotics, and seeing as he has been on them for about a month and a half, it makes sense. I know as an adult you can develop that from taking antibiotics, which is why you are supposed to eat yogurt which counteracts with the yeast, but didn't think a kid could get it. You think his doctor would have told me this. The poor kid trades one thing for the next. So now I have to apply Cortizone (which is an anti-itch cream) and Lotrimin (which is an anti-fungal cream you find inthe foot section....very weird) for about a week and it should go away. I wonder if I could have just used Monistat? Aside from the yeast infection, he is getting much more used to the tubes in his ears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment