Thursday, May 22, 2008

Finally some shots


So today was the big day...Noah finally got his 18 months shots done at only 21 months old.  Yup he is 3 months behind due to those stupid ear infections.  So today he got Polio and Tetanus, one in each thigh, and he busted his lipped yesterday in school while running and tripping over his own feet and smacked himself in the same spot on his lip today with a toy....this equals one crabby ass  toddler!  I am very excited he did get his shots though because this means NO MORE EAR INFECTION and the tubes are working!!!  Praise the lord...I thought he was going to be sick forever.

Not only is he in a much better mood, the doctor says he is making up for lost time with all the food he didn't eat due to the infections.  Now he is a monster at the dinner table.  He will polish off 5 pancakes and ask for more, or spend 1 hour or more eating.  There comes a point where I have to cut him off because I do not want to have the little chubby kid on the block (not to mention it is unhealthy for him to be obese)  So I say 5 pancakes is the cutoff point and if he is still hungry he can eat all the fruit he wants.  I really don't think he will be a little chubber though because he is very active.  If I ate 5 pancakes they would go right to my ass.....however I have about 1/3 of the energy he does.

So anyway, the doctor said he is doing fine and we shouldn't be rushing to get him into a toddler bed, as long as he isn't climbing out, he can stay in the crib.

No comments: