Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 1 of Vacation

This morning I really did feel like I was on vacation because I got to sleep in till 8! Noah must have been pooped from his shots because I woke up at 8 and realized I hadn't heard him. I went to check on him and he was just laying there...what a good boy...he gave mommy some much needed rest. I drped him off at daycare and my day begun with some fun filled laundry. While waiting for it to wash/dry I finally got to file my nails AND read my parenting magazine. I was very happy.

After that I dropped the stuff off at home AND put it away which is a big thing for me because I usually let it sit there for a few days before attempting to put it away. Then it was off to Loews for some flowers. I budgeted $60 for plants/soil/pots to spruce up the yard and when all was said and done....I can in $2 under budget. I should have my own show on HGTV because I work wonders with a budget. Here is what I got:

2 cans of white spray paint for the metal chairs
3 pots
2 6 packs of marigolds
8 6 packs of petunias
1 6 pack of Ivy
1 pack of some funky tall grass
3 bags of soil (only $1.66 at Walmart)
A watering can for Noah
Draino (which was not in the budget)

I was very happy with my purchase. So I stopped at Micky D's for some food and there awesome sweet tea. Today was the first day I had it and I LOVE IT! And is only a $1 for a super size...I have already had 2 today. I figured I would come home and relax but that didn't happen. After I ate I decided to kill all the dust bunnies lurking in my house, clean the bathroom and tidy up.

After that it was time for a shower. You would have thought I was going on a hot date after my shower. I got to shave my legs my legs without thew screams of a whinny toddler outside the door, I exfoliated my feet and just soaked up the warm water....it was like a mini vacation:)

Day 2 was very sucessful!

No comments: