Thursday, May 22, 2008

Some Time Off


Tomorrow is the first day of my nice week long vacation, and I don't go back to work till June 2...woohoo!  What will I be doing with my time off you ask? Well I had originally taken the time off because Mike and I were going to get married this coming Sunday, May 25...but we decided to postpone it to next year.  Due to financial issues and other personal issues, we figure putting it off one more year wouldn't be a big deal, however as smart as the decision was, it still saddens me that our wedding wont be happening this Sunday.  And according to weather.com, the weather is supposed to be 71 on Sunday which would have been perfect for an outdoor wedding.  So instead of walking down the isle, saying "I do"  I will be planting some flowers in the garden and playing with Noah.

I am getting really sick of Mikes job, and although it pays very well, it is a real pain in the ass.  He is considered a floater for the first year which means he is "on call" and has no set schedule.  He has to have 10 hours of rest period from the time he gets off work, to the time he starts again but it is still a very erratic schedule.  What that means is basically he can get called in to work at 4pm and not get home till 1am.  Or he will go in at 6am and not get home till 7pm....very crazy.  So what that translates to in my world is me always getting up in the morning to get Noah ready for school and NEVER getting a day to sleep in....even if its for 30 extra minutes.  He gets Thursday and Sundays off, which leaves one day for family time.  And this weekend he was supposed to have Memorial day off (and Sunday seeing as it is his day off) but now they tell him Memorial day isn't a mandatory holiday?  That is horseshit! I have never heard of something so ridiculous.  So now he can pick either Sunday or monday...there goes my nice long weekend with the family.....I still only get one day with the 3 of us.  I am starting to feel like a single mother here!

So I keep Noah and I very busy because sitting around the house is depressing AND this weekend is supposed to be beautiful.  So here is my schedule so far:

Friday:  Send Noah to school and get some errand done sans whinny toddler hanging off my leg throwing a tantrum.  Errands include, laundry, returning stuff to Christmas Tree shop and going to Loews for flowers, dirt, pots, etc...  Maybe even ask the grandparents to watch Noah Friday night and get a whole day to myself......
Saturday:  Music class then maybe a BBQ at a friends
Sunday: Planting and playing outside, maybe BBQ'ing some food
Monday: Memorial day, spend time with the family
Tuesday: Send Noah to school, therapy, lunch with dad, me time
Wednesday: Storytime at Borders, then the park with some old mom friends
Thursday: Beardsley zoo
Friday: Send Noah to school, clean house, more laundry, errands, relax.

Hey it might not be a week in Florida like we had originally planned with I thinkit sounds pretty nice.:)

No comments: