Monday, May 5, 2008

ABCD Little Star

Did you ever notice how the ABC song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star have the same rhythm? I discovered that this weekend when Noah decided to sing BOTH songs by himself!! Not that I like to brag, but he isn't even 2 and already knows his ABC's. We were eating dinner and he just started singing it, I was in shock, and he sounds sooo cute too! Then after that, that's what we heard all weekend from him, and "Hello to Noah, so glad to see you" from his music class. However seeing as he cant pronounce all the words correctly it sounds more like "heey-wow to Noah, stuuu" but we know what he means:)

Saturday we had music class and Noah got to see his little friends. Part of me is very happy I signed up, and the other part of me wishes I didn't, or that maybe Noah was different. First, let me explain Music: it is basically a class where the parents jump around, sing songs and look like crazy people, in hopes that the kids are picking up something of value. Its definitely not what I expected but its really cute. After the first semester I wasn't going to sign us up again, but we were at home one day listening to the CD and Noah loved it! He was dancing and singing along.....definely not the boy I took to music for those 10 weeks. In class he would be glued to my lap while all the other kids participated and ran around. And if we got up and started dancing around the room, he would whine and cry till I picked him up. But I guess it was sinking in because he really liked it. So, now is semester 2 and still , he is glued to my lap and cries when we dance around the room. It is SUPER frustrating because I want him to participate and have fun. Plus, he is no little thing anymore, but a whopping 26lbs. Imagine running around, dancing singing AND holding him? I am winded when we are done.....can you say "Out of shape Mommy?" So that is not too fun for me, however I feel bad letting him cry sooooo....I give in and pick him up.

Anyway after music we went to see my mom, had lunch, went shopping and then came home. Then that evening, we had dinner and just goofed around. It was so nice to not stick to the usual routine of dinner, bath, brush teeth and bed. During the week I have a small window from the time I get home to cook dinner, bath, brush teeth, get ready for bed, read a book, do the nebulizer AND try and have some play time, and I usually do it all by myself because mike works afternoons. On the weekends I am still in that mode and sometimes you get so caught up in what needs to be done, you forget to have fun and enjoy the simple things in life......like the smile on your sons face when him and Mommy are having fun....its priceless. So Saturday I said screw the bath, brushing his teeth and the neblulizer, he can get them in the morning, so we played, and built a ghetto fort (because Mommy didn't know how to make one with our couch cushions) and had so much fun. I don't think I have laughed like that in a long time.

Sunday we went to Borders since Noah LOVES books. Mike got home late and was sleeping in so I figured we would get up and out of the house. Noah loved the book store and everything he saw was "wow" He ripped some books off the shelf and sat on the ground reading, while I searched for a nursery rhyme book. He loves to sing and repeat EVERYTHING we say, plus he is obsessed with listening to his music CD's from class, so when I found a book with a sing-a-long CD I thought...SCORE! He wasn't as excited as I was about the book, but did find this cool book in the shape of a car with wheels. And seeing as he loves anything that "goes" he was mesmerized. I have to say though, when it was time to go and we had to put the car book back, he dint throw a tantrum like I had expected. Maybe it was because I bribed him with cake from the coffee shop?

Then we were off to Michael's for our rainy day (or what I thought was going to be a rainy day) art project. My son is ADDICTED to his binky, so much to the point that he will continue on for ever if he doesn't get it, and somite's has to have TWO! My plan is to leave him be with it till he is about 3 and then we can have a bye-bye binky party for him. I figure by that age he will understand, as opposed to now where he wants it and doesn't understand when I say "give me a minute while I find it" So my goal was to get him a binky box so at least he gets used to putting it away on his own. Plus mammy is tired of being the binky goffer that has to comply with the little monster whenever he cant find it. I got some cool police car stickers and puffy paint to write his name on it, and painted it red. Actually I should rephrase, WE painted it red, and ourselves and the rug. I decided to be all Martha Stewart like and let Noah have some fun with paint. I covered up the coffee table with newspaper and let him go to town, and I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I expected and I actually had alot of fun getting down and dirty with him. Thank god Mike was home for this because trying to clean up with a red painted toddler running around is too big of a job for just one person. Seeing as my camera is broke, pictures of Noah's will follow later.

I would like to thank Ridgefiled Surgical Center for the hospital gown that served as Noah's smock. It made for an easy clean up.

No comments: