Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away.....

Come again another weekend when we don't have fun stuff planned! So this weekend has been a wash...literally. Mike and I had fun tings planned including a carnival, kids museum and apple picking and things didn't go quite as planned.

Mike took Noah to a carnival last weekend when I was in Wildwood and he had so much fun. This was quite the surprise to me because Noah can be very Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. He LOVES the idea of doing things, but when its time to actually do it he isn't interested. Or we think he is going to totally HATE it and he loves it...he is 2...go figure!Originally we had planned on going to the kids museum in Norwalk because they had a Day of Play and it was FREE (the free part was the real reason we were going to go. We all need to save a buck and at $9 a person to get in, you can see why I jumped at the chance to go.) On the way there we decided we would go to the fair instead because it was opening in a half hour and we were eager to let Noah have some fun. We get there and go straight for the tickets and get Noah a unlimited rides wrist band so he can ride his little heart out. Well.....my kid doesn't want to ride any rides...not even the cool dumbo one. We are thinking "shit, we just dropped $20 bucks and he doesn't want to go on anything" Now we start hyping it up to him. "Look, its Dumbo, isn't that coooool" Mind you, he has no idea who Dumbo is. As I am looking at the height requirements I start thinking he isn't tall enough. And I'm right. You have to be 36 inches and my little man is only 33in. There was not ONE damn ride in the whole place he could ride. But I guess it didn't matter since he could have cared less and was more interested in eating. Luckily we didn't put the wristband on him and were able to get our money back.

They also had a lame kids area but I did manage to get a cute picture of Noah before he demolished Sponge Bob.

We decided it was time to leave and headed over to the animal shelter to "just look" I say this because there is no way to do just that. Chances are
we will find some cute little thing and want to take it home with us. I have been entertaining the idea of getting another cat for a while and have finally convinced Mike. While I love Cletus, she really isn't a cuddly cat. She has her own idea of what she wants and usually doesn't agree with mine. Plus Mike wanted to get a dog or at least look, so that's why we decided to go. Noah was so excited to see the kitties but Mike and I were alittle nervous one was going to take a swat at him and scratch his eye out. We found the cutest little kitty who looks just like our old one who died over a year ago. We filled out the papers and should hear back from them on Tues as to if we were excepted. Keep your fingers crossed.

Today we went to the Kids fair in Danbury which was kind of lame but Noah seemed to have fun. They advertised it as FREE but it wasn't. They have tables with things like face painting and arts and crafts which you have to have a ticket for, and you have to buy the tickets. Granted they were only 50 cents each, it still wasn't free. I was alittle pissed since I left all my money at home. Lucky my parents come with us and got tickets so Noah could make a cute little visor. I discovered he LOVES arts and craft and now know what I have to stock up on for the upcoming cold months. He also LOVES pink. I could care less if he does though, I mean who cares? We did get a free tattoo however Noah thought it was a sticker and was super PISSED when he realized it didn't come off. Mommy got one too which gave me a rash after I scrubbed it off. I guess I am glad he took it off because lord knows he does not need any more rashes on his skin.
Noah has recently been diagnosed with fifths disease and even though he seems fine, he looks like he is in pain. He isn't contagious which is good though.

Here are some pics from the Kids fair....




Waiting patiently for his balloon animal
Looking on with grandma
Thanks for my balloon giraffe Mr Clown!

No comments: