Monday, September 15, 2008
Shut up and enjoy it!
Is my child weird?
Last night Noah and I were singing and dancing along to his music from our Music Together class and a song came on where I pretend to be a horse and Noah sits on my lap and pretends to ride it. After the first round, my legs and hips started to hurt from having my sweet little 30lb monster bouncing up and down on me, so I decided to modify the horse, and instead of putting my arms out in front, I was leaning on them behind my back (but I was still going through the motions of bouncing him all over the place) He kept saying "arms in front Mommy, arms in front" but Mommy was hurting! So instead of enjoying it the new "lazy Mommy way" he continued to whine about it over and over, until I got tired of hearing it and stopped.
Sometimes he seems so focused on what is NOT happening, he doesn't enjoy what IS. Is this normal? Meaning, do all toddlers do this?
It frustrates me at times because I try and show him new things and he seems like he could care less. For instance when taking a bath, this is supposed to HIS time to relax, play with his toys, and splash water all over the place, but he is too concerned with what I am doing or NOT doing. "Mommy sit down, Mommy get up, Mommy take this." Its like enjoy your damn bath kid because then its going to be over and you are going to cry that we are getting out. I tell him over and over again "Worry about yourself and not what everyone else is doing".....obviosly he doesn't get this.
In other news, he is adapting so well to his new big boy bed. In the morning when he wakes up he will lay there, talk to himself or just relax till we come get him. This morning was something new though, he woke up at 6:30, Mike went in and Noah asked for his binkie, Mike gave it to him and he got back in bed. Then when I got up at 7 to go check on him and tell him I was getting in the shower, he was playing with his toys! He never does this and I was so excited! I feel bad that he lays there and waits for us but without any noise from him, we have no idea he is up. I think he is like a bird when you put a blanket over their cage and they think its night time, since the curtains are closed maybe he thinks he should still be sleeping? I am happy he discovered he can get up and play and at least entertain himself until we get up...which is great on the weekend when Mommy and Daddy want to sleep in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment