Friday, September 12, 2008

The simple things in life


We moved over a year ago from an apartment with a washer and dryer to one that doesn't have one.  While we lived there we had to go up and down four flights of stairs to access it seeing as it was in the basement of our garden complex.  We loved the fact that we didn't have to go to the Laundromat anymore but still found reasons to complain about going up and down stairs.  Noah was not even walking at the time either, so lugging a kid and laundry was quite a pain in the you know what!

Now where we live does not have either of those, and we are  forced to go to the jam packed Laundromat and fight over washers, dryers and folding space....as well as deal with the interesting crowd that frequents them.

Note:  If you happen to be someone who DOES go to a Laundromat , please don't take offense to that comment. We live in a pretty suburban area and most people have those amenities except for the elderly, ethnic groups and crack heads (and this is based solely on the crowds I see there)  And I am sure there are people like Mike and I who are trying to raise a family and live our lives that go there, but I never seem to find those people.

Needless to say it is at least a 2 hour ordeal and one not suitable for a toddler....Trust me I know.  We brought him there a few times and it was a nightmare.  He was great for the first hour, then got ancy, then fell off the changing table into a cart...so yeah...not fun.  He picks up gross things off the floor and tries to escape any chance he gets.  I bet you are thinking "What is wrong with her for letting him play on those tables?"  Well, it kept him entertained and kept me sane, so yes, I was one of those mothers that you probably talk about when you see shit like this happening.

So my point you ask?  We desperately miss our washer and dryer and want it back!!  Good thing luck was in our favor, especially with the cold winter months ahead.  A co-worker of mine happens to be getting rid of his and is giving it to us.  He also has a truck to get it to our house.  Mike and I are so excited and cant wait to do laundry at our own place!!  This got me to thinking, how funny is it that we are getting excited over washing our clothes?  I mean a day at the spa, even a new flat screen TV I can understand...but  a washer and dryer?

Damn, this is a definite way to tell you are getting old!

No comments: