Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Rant

Why is that some people just don't get it?


They go through life with no idea of how anyones life is affected by things and basically are only concerned with themselves and how they can benefit. Things are so easy for them so they can not possibly imagine why it isn't easy for someone else. Or, seeing as they are your friend, you think they will be more understanding...but they are not. In fact, sometimes they act worse then perfect strangers.


Its pretty sad if you ask me.


And whats even more sad is that I know a lot of people like this.


I am just so tired of expecting people to act a certain way because they are considered a "friend" and I am constantly being let down.


Maybe it is my fault. If you don't have expectations of other people you can never be let down. But I am only human and the truth is, I DO have expectations of people. I am not talking about crazy outlandish ones either....just basic friend etiquette that you were taught in grade school.

Can I also tell you how much I hate my neighbors? Why is it they feel the need to party at 2am on a SUNDAY when they know their is a 2 year old right above their living room who can hear EVERYTHING? Or 2 adults who have to wake up with that toddler when he freaks out due to thumping and hooting and hollering. Or I don't know, maybe we need to get some sleep so we can get up for WORK in the morning? They are so damn inconsiderate. Who in their right mind would leave a garbage bag full of empty beer cans in an OPEN bag by the garbage where our kid walks by everyday? Ding ding ding!! Our neighbors that's who!

And they real kicker is one of them has a 3 year old (not living with him of course)....And they know our kid walks by those nasty bear cans and cigarette buds on the floor. What would happen if he picked one up and sliced his finger open? You guys would be reading the paper and see "Parents locked up for kicking the crap out of stupid neighbors" and see a picture of Mike and I.

I just don't get how some people can go around with no clue as to whats going on around them.

I guess this will be my next topic in therapy.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

THANK YOU...dear loni for giving me a good read! :-)

Anonymous said...

We have crazy neighbors too... see here for my adventures with mine:

http://liamsar.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-cant-think-of-anything-witty-or.html