Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Recap

This weekend we were rained out Saturday evening which actually wasn't as bad as I thought. I mean we did have a tornado warning but it was 8pm and by that time we weren't going anywhere anyway. We were suppose to go to the Oyster Festival on Saturday but because of the bad weather that was coming we decided not to. And when the rain never came, we were really annoyed. However, I took Noah to the mall to play and ride carousel which was fun. Then we kept it low key, had a friend over and had some drinks.

After having Noah we kept in contact with a lot of our single friends and even acted as we were "child free" at times, meaning having people over at all sorts of the hour. Over the past year, our social lives have pretty much become non existent. For the majority, the few single, children less friends we have don't really understand what it is like to have a kid. Meaning, they come over and are either too interested in talking about themselves or don't understand I can not give them my undivided attention when I have a screaming toddler demanding it. Sorry but Noah comes first! When he goes to bed we can chat or expect to play with him because anytime there is a new person in the house, HE wants their attention. As Noah is getting older, he wants to be a part of fun as well. So before we might have listened to the kind of music WE like and talked about inappropriate things for children to hear while he laid on the floor amusing himself with lights and sounds. But now we listen to Disney's Choo Choo Soul over and over and over again and edit our conversations because he picks up on all of it. Its not just Mike and I and a baby. Its Mike, Loni and Noah and I feel like some people just don't get that.

But then there are the friends who completely get that (even though they don't have kids themselves) and we got to spend some time with them the last week which was really nice. It was nice to have company over who doesn't mind Mike and I ogling over Noah and are interested, as well as catching up with people who we don't get to see too often.

But getting back to the weekend. Sunday we went to the Taste of Danbury and we had amazing weather for it too. All the local restaurants have booths selling their foods which really weren't all that good. I had a chicken parm sandwhich which tasted like something out of the frozen food section at the supermarket and Noah had some gross pizza. Mike had Spanish food which was really good and then we had some over chocolaty ice cream. We meet my parents there too which was nice. Its always nice spending time together and luckily we live 5 mins from eachother so we get to do that often. They also had a firetruck that they were letting people go up on the ladder which was awesome and kinda funny that my dad and Gina are both afraid of heights but went up with us anyway. Mike stayed down to take pics and is also afraid of heights. I could have cared less about the height thing till the damn thing started shaking. Luckily it didn't last that long and I figured it was a firetruck with lots of firemen and police men around...how dangerous could it be?

One of the cops also opened up his car so Noah could sit inside and yell on the loud speaker. I y was really nice of him and I know Noah loved it!


Noah and daddy sitting in the Police car

Up on the firetruck ladder



I think someone was in a sugar haze from the ice cream

My sweet little man with his new shoes on. Now all 3 of us have the same ones!

Saturday morning this was Mike and Noah horsning arond in bed.

Last week was Labor Day and we celebrated with a family BBQ. By the end of the night Noah and Grandpappy were pooped!


My festive Labor Day cake! And probaly much better then Kates because I actually let my kid eat the fruit off it while I was making it.

A boy and his couch, blankie and fav tv show These are the hydrageas in my parents garden
After an ice pop

No comments: