Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Droppin it like its HOT!
With all the stress that comes along with being a parent, there are also a lot of really great times; funny times, embarrassing times and times where you when you wonder how the hell you got yourself into this. Last night was one of those funny yet disgusting times.
After Noah's bath, we usually let him run around in his birthday suit, air out the little baby parts that have been crammed inside a hot sweaty diaper all day and be free. We were listening to The Beatles (who we realized will be ancient by the time Noah is our age) and Noah goes "poopy" I am thinking
"great, he told us, maybe we can get him to the potty in time to do his business." WRONG! He dropped it like it was hot, all over the living room floor. I don't know what that kid ate but if I didn't know better, I'd think I was looking at some four legged beast's excrement's. Pretty gross to say that least. Mike and I just looked at each other and tried not to laugh. Well, let me rephrase, I tried not to laugh, Mike cracked up. I mean as gross as it was, it was pretty hilarious. I had to compose myself and go into mom mode, whisk him away to the potty and tell him "this is where we do poopy" Mike got to clean up the mess.
This is just one of the things they don't tell you about in those books you read to help prepare you for parenting. Lets face, no matter how many books you read, classes you go to or shows you watch, NOTHING can prepare you better then some real, hands on experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment