Thursday, July 31, 2008
A new beginning
I am so proud of myself!! I have been feeling like crap lately (like for a couple weeks) just lethargic, unmotivated and under the weather. I thought it had to do with the meds I was taking, and while I think alot of did, I think it is mainly because I am OUT OF SHAPE! I am always so tired, and even though I work full time and take care of a toddler, I don't think I am supposed to be this tired.
This morning I woke up at 6:30, turned on my TV and did a workout video! I thought it would be no big deal, but by time the 20 mins was almost over, I was sweating my ass off and out of breath. Note to self: Next time you wake up early to work out....put on a bra when doing cardio. Seeing as we have Fitness on Demand, I can watch any kind of video I want.....even Carmen Electra's Striptease workout video. However I actually do own that one and trust me, watching me do it is not a pretty site. How are you supposed to look all sexy as you are bending over and trying to watch the TV screen at the same time? Not a good idea people, at least not for me. Mike even asked me to shut it off, lol.
The video I did combined cardio, strength training and abs which are things I NEED. If felt great to get my heart rate up and to break a sweat. There were times when I wanted to half ass it because I was out of breath or more acuratley...out of shape...but I pushed on. When I was done, I felt so good that I completed it. A friend of mine, who is also a personal trainer, told me if takes 21 days of doing something for it to become a habit. She also wakes up at 5am and goes for a 4 mile run, and while I am very far from doing that, I am going to try and commit myself to working out once a day. I am not going to say it will happen everyday because I don't want to jinx myself, but one day at a time and hopefully this becomes a good habit of mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment