Wednesday, July 16, 2008
A Moment of Confusion
Noah turns 2 in August and for his birthday present, we are re-doing his room. His original theme was frogs and the room was decorated with blue and green. Now lets face it, when they are infants we decorate their room according to what we like, because basically.....they don't know what they like yet. I am not a frog lover or anything but I think they are cute and I love blue an green. Mike and I are not sports fans so that ruled out the sports themed room, and seeing as I liked the color palette, I think Mike just let me design his room they way I wanted. What guy is really into decorating a nursery anyway?
So now that Noah's has his own interests, we are decorating his room around a car theme......not to mention the car bed we got for FREE. I looked it up online and the thing goes for $300! Way too much to pay in my opinion but seeing as we didn't pay a dime for it, it will work in his new room. We do not want a tacky little kid car themed room for him, so no cheesy wall murals or EVERYTHING car related. Seeing as we have the bed, that can be the main focal point, and everything else can be in the blue and red family decoration wise. I have been going over in my head for the past 2 days idea s of wall color, curtains and accent colors.....as well as organizational ideas and so forth. Originally I had thought to do the walls a light blue and accent color of red, but now I am thinking to do the walls a sand color seeing as everything else is the room is going to be colorful, maybe the walls should be neutral? I don't want to it too look like a paint can exploded in there. His bed is blue and we thought of getting him Disney Cars bedding but then thought....major cheese and too tacky! So now we want to do a solid, but I don't know if it should be navy or red? Like I said.....Im CONFUSED! I guess once we start playing around with it we will come to some sort of consensus....hopefully! And not to mention, do you know how hard it is to find solid colored toddler bedding? It seems everywhere you go its Dora or Elmo. What happened to plain old primary colors? I did find a red gingham coverlet at target so hopefully something like that will work.
HGTV Please help me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment