Sometimes I wish parenting came with a mute button....and I am not talking about for the TV. There are only so many times I can hear the same thing over and over and over gain before I want to
Me: Good morning Noah
Noah: Good morning Mommy, fan off, light off, get out, poopy, milk, watch Caillou, play legos, blanky.
(And he does not come up for air at all between all of his demands….I kid you not!)
I remember the day when Mike and I were so excited to hear Noah talk, and now he is never going to let us forget it. I love him to death, but sometimes I just need a BREAK! Between taking 10 mins to convince him to put his binky away, to trying to reason with an almost 2 year old as to why we cant go in the pool with our clothes on before school, sometimes I definitely fall short and yank that damn binky out of his mouth or drag him to the car kicking and screaming. On-lookers might be appalled by my actions (or even my satanic like voice-which has sacred the be-geebers out of me sometimes) when I am reprimanding him or just basically losing my cool. But if they have children of their own, they have been there at one point in time. And if they have children and have NEVER lost it with them, they are lying. So those out there that fall in to scenario B, stop being so judgmental and get off your high horse.
Furthermore, my internal system is all out of whack lately and I trying to get back to “normal”. I have crazy anxiety over every little thing, so that doesn’t help dealing with the toddler tantrums. But I would like to point out that, even though medications can help alleviate some of the anxiety and “bitchiness,” it is not a magical happy pill that will turn you into one of those kids TV show hosts (ya know, the ones that are ALWAYS singing at 6am when you are still trying to wake up) It simply helps you relax and not get as worked up, but you can still have a bad day from time to time. It aggravates me when people think all you need to do is “take your meds” and you will be Sally Sunshine….maybe they are the reason we are taking them in the first place.
Sometimes a little morning rant is all a girl needs to put her in a better mood...at least for the time being :)
No comments:
Post a Comment