Monday, July 14, 2008
Cows, Slirpee's and Jellyfish
This weekend was great. Seeing as Mike has a crazy work schedule, we don't really get a whole weekend together as a family, it is more like one day or a few hours both days. But this weekend was different. Saturday after Noah's nap we took him on a "trip" as Mike kept telling him, to Stews to see all the animals. Noah is in-love with the cows, however when he actually did go see them, he seemed like he could care less. Before that we stopped at 7-11 for a Slirpee. I think they are gross but still drank it seeing as I was thirsty. We also got Noah his own because after displaying his ice cream stealing habits, we figured we would be one step ahead of him...and its a good thing we were. He LOVED it! Is there anything this kid doesn't like? He guzzled down his "juice" as he called it, but not before spilling half of it all over Mikes arm. I guess I was supposed to be paying attention, but the rooster showdown must have distracted me. Mike went to the car to wipe off the mess and came back with a tie-dyed colored arm. What the heck do they put in the stuff anyway to make it stain your skin? It was pretty funny though because it looked like he was wearing bright red lipstick the rest of the day. After that we had to do some grocery shopping and then went home. We also picked up some ice cream as our little 2 1/2 foot boss demanded. Luckily he forgot about it when did get home.
Sunday we got up super early (well ok it was 7 but on a weekend it feels super early to us) and got packed up for the beach. We got everything ready the night before which was great. We were on the road by 8ish and off to Norwalk to Sherwood Isle. We live right by a wonderful lake but haven't been to the ocean in a while and decided to go there. Plus, Noah has never been to the ocean either. After we got there, we were starting to think we should have stayed local because this was the most disgusting beach I have ever been too (and that includes the ones in the Bronx) The sand was covered in goose crap, it was rocky and full of shards of broken seashells that were waiting to slice through someone's foot, and the water was infested with jellyfish....no thanks! We tried to make the best of it but it just wasn't happening. After about 20 mins (and setting everything up) we decided to high tail it out of there and drive 40 mins back home to the lake (which is about 5 mins from our house) I am happy that at least we know now, and we will definitely be staying local, or paying the exorberent amount to get into a real (nice clean) beach.
The lake was gorgeous though. And although there were rocks, it was NOTHING like the other place. Noah had a blast throwing sand in the water and playing with his bucket. He ventured in for all of 2 seconds then got scared and got out. Mike and I went in and Noah stood at the edge going "Mommy, Daddy, get out" It was so cute. He did catch a little brave streak an let Mike take him in. He thought it was funny when I swam up to him and I even got a little laugh out of him. It didn't last long though and he was soon ready to get out. But in Noah's defense, he has never been in any body of water before other then the bath and a really cold pool which he did not like, so he might take a little while to warm up to. We had such a wonderful AND relaxing time, we plan on going back every weekend. They also have a playground and picnic tables so we can make the whole day of it.
On a side note, the bathing suits I bought in the beginning of the summer where loose on me!!! Thankfully there were no waves to rip the thing off me because I wouldn't want the poor sunbathers to get blinded. But I was very happy to have a loose fitting bathing suit. Maybe I can even get into some of my pre-preggo ones!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey LONI!
I was literally swimming in my suit too! I was so happy to have to go buy a smaller one!
Try the beaches in Fairfield. They are a short trip (we go weekly), clean as a whistle, and filled with "normal" people! :-)
Maybe one weekend this summer we can even try to do a family group there! :-)
Post a Comment