Last night Noah and I went out to Denny;s with my friend Pam, her hubby and her daughter Melody. I meet Pam over a year ago at the Mommy group in Bethel and it has been great that we have stayed in touch even after group was over. Her daughter is 2 months older then Noah and it is really important to have friends that are going through the same things as you....... you find that you have more in common then just a toddler. While I have my friends from high school, and friends that I meet since moving to CT, my life is so much more different then it was 2 years ago. And even though I consider those people good friends, our lives are completely different and at times it seems like all we have in common are our ages. So like I said, its nice to have friends that can relate to my life now, and while we don't talk everyday, when we do, it is always a good time.
So anyway, we went to Denny's and picked a Tuesday because kids eat free....hey, every penny counts! And it was a good time. Melody was upset when we got there because she doent like to hear "no" so Pam had to take her outside to calm her down. I felt a sigh of relief when I saw that and thought to myself "At least I am not the only one with the temper tantrum throwing toddler." I remember dragging Noah out of Friendlys because he freaked out and threw himself on the ground because he didn't want to eat. Then the food came and he was fine? But its Denny's, not like an upscale restaurant or anything. The kids had fun playing with their goldfish and even decided to have a screaming contest at the end, but we were almost out the door by then. All in all, it was a great time and def nice to have a change of scenery, for me and Noah.
Hopefully next time we can plan to for a thurs so Mike can come too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment