Thursday, April 24, 2008

Time to stop and smell the roses

Yesterday I was home with Noah and it was so nice. At first I was exhausted and was hoping he would take a nap but he want tired. Then we started playing, and coloring and it was so much fun. I laid down on the floor next to him to color and he layed down like I was, it was so cute. He looked at me, and then tried to get in the same position I was in. Then we went outside and walked up to check the mail. We sat by the street and just watched the cars go by because, ever since he was an infant, he has LOVED cars and anything that "goes" So I sat there and watched as he got super excited every time a car, or truck drove by and yelled out "CAAAR" for each and every one. Then my dad came to visit and as we saw his car coming down the road, Noah goes "Grandpappy" I couldn't believe he knew THAT was grandpappys car. However, every time we see a white car, he thinks its grandpappys car, but this time it was different for some reason. I had such a great time with Noah yesterday and really got to ENJOY him without the hustle and bustle of cleaning, shopping or doing the laundry. I have lost site of these things lately because life gets in the way sometimes and you begin to take the small things for granted. I always try and keep us busy and occupied on the weekends because as a parent, I feel like it is my duty to expose my son to everything I can, but sometimes it is just nice to do nothing and enjoy eachothes company.

While I want this summer to be filled with field trips to fun places and lost of pictures capturing all things that are new to him, I also want to make sure I sit back and enjoy each and every moment to the fullest.

1 comment:

Amy @ The Q Family said...

That's so true. Time flied and by the time we realized it our kids have grown and are going to school. I'm glad that you stop and smell the roses along the way.

Thanks for stop by my blog!