So tomorrow is Noah's check up to see if his ear infection cleared up and I am not feeling very optimistic about it because I know he is still sick. The poor kid has had this ear infection since February and I just want him to feel better. The funny thing is that we didn't even know he had one because he is always in such a good mood. He went for his 18 months shots and he had a double infection so they couldn't give them to him till it cleared up. Now he is 2 months behind! Well we have been to the doctors every 2 weeks since then in hopes of it being better and we have had no luck. His doctor kept prescribing him different anti-biotics in hopes one of them would clear it up and no luck. She said the "rule" for getting tubes is 5 infections in one season or 3 months straight of an ear infection. The last week of this month will make 3 months.
Last visit I told her I didn't want him back on the antibiotics because they aren't doing any good and I heard consistently taking them can be bad for the immune system. So tomorrow if he still has one (which I know he does) he will go back on them and come back in another 2 weeks...ugh! I don't think I have been to the doctor this much since I was preggo. I already scheduled an appointment with the ENT for April 21 incase tubes are worse case scenario. I just want him to be healthy again. I really do not want him to get tubes. I know it is very common but I don't want to subject him to that. A fellow mom friend of mine however eased my tension alittle when she told me her son had then over a year ago and they were the best thing for him. He, like Noah, was doomed to a life of antibiotics and he has been fine since the surgery. They even ended up taking them out eventually because he was doing so much better. And her son is only 3 months older then Noah so that helps as well. I do have to admit, for being sick one could never tell. He is so happy all the time (except for his whinny little fits now and then) I am sooo looking forward to picking him up and playing on his slide at home. He loves the darn thing and runs right over to it when we get home.
1 hour to go and then I am outta here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment