Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Surgery was a sucess

Noah had his surgery this morning at 6:15 am. I was sooo not ready to get up at 5 and start getting ready and neither was Mike who didn't get home till 2am. Needless to say, we were all alittle tired today.

We were the first ones to get there and they took us right away which was great Not like Danbury Hospital where you get there 2 hours before and STILL wait another 2 hours to even see a doc. The nurses were awesome and supper friendly. They made Noah so comfortable and even made an arm bracelet for froggy. They also gave him a gown to wear that we called his bathrobe and he loved it. He was such a good boy, and I cant believe how much more he is looking like a "little boy" everyday. All the nurses loved him and kept telling us how cute he is....aw! Mike went into the room with him when they sedated him so he wasn't alone. He had to wear this white zip up body suit that made him look like the State Puff Marsh Mellow Man with a popped collar, cool booties and a lunch lady hat...man where was the camera when you need it? 2 breathes of the anesthesia and he was out. Mike said his whole body went limp....I don't think I could have handled that. We went back to the waiting room and 5 mins later (literally) the doc told us he was all done. We got to so see him and he was so agitated and disorientated from coming out of the anesthesia. Also, seeing as he has had the infection for over 3 months, his hearing was rapidly intensified and he was supper sensative to sound.

We took him home and just snuggled him. About an hour later he was fine, running around and coloring. Then my dad came over to see him for a bit. He eventually took an early nap because I am sure he was pooped.

We went to the park this afternoon with my friend Pam and her daughter Melody and Noah had so much fun, even though he was pooped. Def something to do again when he has a little more energy.

Before I put him to bed I checked his temp and it was 101.6 so I called the doc to make sure I shouldn't worry. They said anything over 102.5 I should call, otherwise check it every hour for the next 3 hours to make sure it is declining. I just checked it again and it was 100.6 I guess the Tylenol is working but I still worry about him. I hate seeing him uncomfortable and out of it.

Hopefully tomorrow the fever is gone along with this new cough he developed today due to the anesthesia.

1 comment:

Ali said...

i'm glad the surgery went well!! and here's hoping for a fever-free day today! :)